Apple App Store is the largest market available for mobiles. There are nearly 600,000 applications, games and entertainment applications available for iPhone, iPad and iPod. Last month App Store hit the 10 Billionth download, guess that explains how popular market platform it is.Starting this month, we'll be covering the list of most popular and most downloaded app and games from Apple App Store. The list would contain applications and games.
The following are the most downloaded and popular games on iPhone and iPad devices this month. This list include both paid as well as free version of games, don't worry if you see the price tag, you can still try the free version and if you like, you can purchase the full version. Below the application description, you can find iTunes download link and once you click on the link, you'll be redirected to iTunes.
Here We Go:
Angry Birds Space : I guess there is no need to add description for this game as every one around the world has experienced this game atleast once. Angry Birds Space has been updated with 10 new exciting levels that adds more to your addiction. Angry Birds Space is focused on the following story:
After a giant claw kidnaps their eggs, the Angry Birds chase it into a wormhole and find themselves floating in a strange new galaxy – surrounded by space pigs! Luckily the Angry Birds have super powers of their own...Angry Birds Space features 70 interstellar levels on planets and in zero gravity, resulting in spectacular gameplay ranging from slow-motion puzzles to lightspeed destruction. With regular free updates, new in-app purchases, brand new birds, brand new superpowers, and a whole galaxy to explore, the sky is no longer the limit!
The game recently got an update of 10 new exciting levels: A new moon rises and puts pigs in motion! If you thought it was hard to pop pigs in space before, just wait til they're orbiting around the icy planets in these 10 NEW LEVELS!
Angry Birds iTunes Link
Flick Home Run : This is a game in which you can experience various throws based on the pendulum. The ball will fly further if you can hit the ball directly with the quick flick. Experience a “real-life like” batting simulation. You only use flick to control the batting for this game. The more accurate you flick your finger to hit the ball; it is more likely that you will be a home-run hitter. The rule is simple. Flick your finger with the same feeling in which you would swing a bat in real life. Think of your finger as a bat, and flick it with speed and accuracy. That’s all.
- You can enjoy this game through 5 kinds of mode.
- Minor & Major Mode- Hit as many home-runs as you can; as far as you can.
- Multiplayer Mode- You can compete with other players via Game Center.
- Moon-Star Mode- Try for a record with the given 9 balls.
- Training Mode- You can practice with different kinds of pitches.
Draw Something : Draw Something is an addictive social drawing game and is now available free for Apple iOS and Android Devices! Draw and guess words, play cooperatively with friends or competitively with rivals.Challenge friends on Facebook or Twitter, or be automatically partnered with new gaming buddies. Take turns drawing and guessing at your own pace. Rally back and forth with friends for the most “Turns.” Be alerted when it’s your turn to draw or guess. Turn simple doodles into rich masterpieces with color packs. Exchange it for a new one by exploding it with a bomb.
- Play with Friends on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch!
- Turn-based Gameplay
- Push Notifications
- Color Packs
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 : I personally love this game. Back in those days when playstation was the only gaming platform, playing X-Men and Street fighter was the best time out means. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 brings together legendary characters from the Marvel and Capcom franchises to duke it out in an insane, action-packed, tag-team fighting experience. From Ryu to Wolverine, pit your favorite heroes in dream match-ups thanks to the robust 56-character roster. With the optimized iOS touchscreen controls, 2-player versus-mode, unlockable secrets and characters, you better buckle up and prepare to be taken for a ride!
- A full-featured port of one of the best fighting games of all-time
- Marvel vs. Capcom 2 has previously only been enjoyed in arcades and consoles for over a decade. Now enjoyable anywhere, anytime with the iOS version.
- Deep 56 Character Roster Featuring Characters from the Marvel and Capcom franchises
- One of the largest character rosters in any fighting game to date
- Bringing together Marvel’s greatest comic-book heroes and Capcom’s fiercest video-game fighters
- Versus Mode Battles
- Users can connect with other iPhone users via Bluetooth and play against each other
- New streamlined touchscreen controls optimized for iOS
- Introducing the “Flick Button,” a new control feature that streamlines complex inputs
Superman : The official Superman game, now available on iOS. Become Superman to save the city of Metropolis in an all-new adventure for iPhone and iPad! As the Man of Steel, only you can protect humanity with your incredible powers. Saving the Earth is just another day for Superman, but this is most certainly not just another iOS game. The 18 levels of super powered action offer a perfect playground for putting Superman’s abilities to the test. Save Metropolis from the villainous mastermind Lex Luthor and his army of thugs, mechs, choppers and even more menacing enemies. Soar across the Metropolis skyline and use all of Superman’s most iconic powers, including heat vision, super-breath, super-strength, and super-speed. When the threat is a little further from home, fly into outer space to stop meteors and falling satellites in their path.
- Is it a bird, is it a plane?
- Saving the day
- Super score
- Comic book classic
Max Payne : There is not much to provide any description for this popular game. Every iPhone user has already experienced Max Payne. The new updated version provides support for Retina Display and has been optimized for iPhone and iPad with Retina Display. Better graphics and high performance improvements have been made in the updated version.
A fugitive undercover cop framed for murder, hunted by cops and the mob, Max is a man with his back against the wall, fighting a battle he cannot hope to win. Max Payne is a relentless story-driven game about a man on the edge, fighting to clear his name while struggling to uncover the truth about his slain family amongst a myriad of plot-twists.
The groundbreaking original cinematic action-shooter, Max Payne introduced the concept of Bullet Time® in videogames. Through its stylish slow-motion gunplay combined with a dark and twisted story, Max Payne redefined the action-shooter genre.
- Max Payne's signature slow motion gunplay, Bullet Time
- Stunningly sharp, HD quality resolution and textures
- Retina supported resolution for the new iPad
- Gameplay tailored for touch screen devices
- Highly customizable controls
- Multiple aiming modes
- Rockstar Games Social Club integration to track stats, unlock cheats and more
Shadowgun : This game has been in the most popular arcade game for a long time. Stunning graphics and level of difficulty makes the game fascinating. The story is as follows : The year is 2350, and corrupt intergalactic corporations are the rule of law, hiring bounty hunters and mercs to do their bidding. The best of the best are known as SHADOWGUNS. SHADOWGUN puts you into the role of John Slade, the galaxy’s most infamous bounty hunter. Your mission: hunt down Dr. Edgar Simon, maniacal genius and leader of his own mutant army. Infiltrate Dr. Simon’s mountain fortress and fight his personal guard of cyborgs, battle droids, and genetically-enhanced humanoids. Using state-of-the-art weaponry, ships, and the assistance of S.A.R.A.—Slade’s personal android assistant—SHADOWGUN combines intense tactical combat with 3rd person action.
- Most advanced combat, enemies flank, seek cover, and utilize teamwork to take you down! Battle automated sentries, aerial drones, and other lethal foes - tactical maneuvers are based upon actual military strategy
- Solve hacking mini-games to whet your nerdy appetite, then get back to blasting!
- Advanced lighting effects, beautifully rendered environments, and pro voices make this one of the most advanced games for your smartphone
- Immersive storyline with multiple outcomes! You decide how it ends!
- The first installment in a major franchise!
- Unlock the detailed “Shadowpedia”, and read more about the SHADOWGUN universe!
- Survive the onslaught of Dr. Simon’s deadly creations, including level bosses, mutated grunts, killer machines, and more!
- The story directly follows the events of original Shadowgun - Additional updates unclude :