How To Jailbreak iPhone, iPad, iPod On iOS 5.1.1 - Tethered Jailbreak For iOS 5.1.1
Earlier today Apple has released iOS 5.1.1 update fixing some bugs and patching the jailbreak. If you are on iOS 5.0.1 and do not rely on jailbreak then we recommend you to stay away from iOS 5.1.1 Update. However if you are on a tethered jailbreak on iOS 5.1, you can still update your iPhone, iPod and iPad and get tethered jailbreak following the below guide.
This guide is for windows users only. Mac users can follow this guide
IMP : This is a tethered jailbreak and you need to connect your device to the computer and run redsn0w every time your device restarts or reboots
Step 1: Download the Following
Step 2 : Once iTunes have updated your iPhone, launch redsn0w (make sure you run redsn0w as administrator by right clicking on it and selecting - "Run as administrator")
Step 3 : In redsn0w select the option 'Jailbreak' and then turn off your iPhone and click next.
Instructions For Getting Into DFU Mode
- Switch off your iPhone
- Hold the power button for 3 seconds
- Now, without releasing the power button also press and hold the home button for 10 seconds.
- Without releasing the home button, release the power button but continue holding the home button until your device enters DFU mode and you redsn0w automatically detects it.
Wait for redsn0w to exploit your iPhone using limera1n to enter pwned dfu.
Step 5 : Select Cydia and click next. Redsn0w will reboot your iPhone and upload kernel data. Once done, it will notify you that the current jailbreak is tethered and will require you to connect your iphone to redsn0w everytime your iPhone is rebooted.
How To Boot Tethered
- Launch Redsn0w and click extras.
- From the extras menu, select Just Boot to boot into tethered mode.
Check the screenshots for details
If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the comments section below.