Redsn0w 0.9.14b2 Updated To Fix iPhone3GS 6.15 Baseband Downgrade - Download Now
The iPhone Dev-Team has also provided the revised steps to successfully downgrade iPhone3GS 6.15 baseband. It goes like this:
- Connect your iPhone in normal mode, then click “Jailbreak” after redsn0w identifies its model and BB version (you needn’t pre-select the IPSW anymore).
- Choose the “Downgrade from iPad baseband” option (you needn’t worry about de-selecting Cydia anymore).
- Do a controlled “slide to power off” shutdown of your phone and proceed through the normal DFU ramdisk steps.
IMP : iPhone3GS which were manufactured in early 2011 are not compatible. They have a NOR chip that cannot be upgraded to 6.15 and trying to flash the iPad baseband will brick your device.
This version of Redsn0w is much relieving for those iPhone users who have their buttons broken and cannot enter the DFU mode following the general instructions. To enter DFU mode on a broken iPhone:
- Launch Redsn0w
- Go to Extras->Even More>DFU IPSW
- Select the ipsw that is currently been signed for your device or for which you have shsh blobs saved.
- Redsn0w will create a ENTER_DFU IPSW that you can install with iTunes and once the installation is complete you'll enter into DFU mode.
redsn0w 0.9.14b2 (Windows — run in Administrator Mode)