iPhone 5 vs LG Optimus 4X HD Comparing iPhone5 With LG Optimus 4X HD
Gone are days when you use your mobile phone only to make calls and send and receive SMS to and from your contacts. Now, mobile phones are getting smarter than ever. They can have extended features through apps easily accessible and installed from the online market. We use smart phones not only for playing games but also for surfing the web, reading eBooks, listening to music, organizing task lists and locating an address among others. Tons of smartphones have boomed in these past years, and prepare again to be mesmerized by two of them. In this article, we will tackle a standoff between the soon-to-be-launched iPhone 5 and LG Optimus 4X HD.
1. Processor Specifications Rumor has it that the iPhone 5 will be fitted with an A6 quad core processor with a speed of up to 2.0 gigahertz. This quality performance speed upgrade is not only expected to improve the response speed of the smartphone. Also, it will enhance the battery life now that it would have four processors to use up. In comparison, LG's Optimus 4X HD is equipped with a quad core Cortex-A9 setup clocked at 1.5 gigahertz. This configuration is based on Nvidia's Tegra 3 chipset with a Geforce ULP GPU. Both devices are blisteringly fast, giving users a smooth experience in handling apps even heavy on graphics and multimedia.
2. Operating System The Apple iPhone 5 may most probably run with the latest software, the iOS6, featuring a fourth-generation long-term evolution to give a speedier mobile internet connectivity and data transfer rate. Advantages for users are clearer and crisper voice and video calls. This updated operating system may as well incorporate 3D imaging capabilities, giving more excitement to users. Not quite matching for equivalence is version 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS of the Optimus 4X HD. LG’s contender runs on this latest version of Google's Android. Expectation is that it will have greater stability and will inhabit an additional strong point which is the quick-app switcher control for multi-tasking.
3. Design The iPhone 5 will have a four-inch screen size display, while the LG Optimus 4X HD has a bigger screen size of 4.7-inch. Its large size does not entail to the device being better. On the contrary, users who are not used to holding bigger phones in one hand may protest for its bulkiness. Guys who don’t carry bags but put their handheld devices in their jeans pockets might be forced to carry a pouch for it. It is still unsure if the iPhone will be clad in a curvaceous or boxed outer design. However, its measurements would most likely be 122.4 x 64.3 x 8.6 MM and its weight would be 144.6 grams. LG’s handset will have rounded edges and a minimalistic textured back panel, measuring at 131.8 x 68.3 x 9.7 MM and weighing about 145 grams.
4. Camera The two smartphones here each has great camera specifications. They both have an astounding 8 MP back-illuminated sensor with a 3264 x 2448 pixel resolution, LED flash. The camera is capable of geographical tags, autofocus of the subject with touch, and face and smile detection capacity. Apart from this, they also have a secondary camera for the video calls. The iPhone 5 wins in this round for its 5MP front-facing camera versus LG Optimus 4X HD’s 1.3MP camera.
5. Memory Storage The LG Optimus 4X HD and iPhone 5 both are capable of holding up to 1 GB of RAM. The LG smartphone is limited to having only one model with 16 GB internal memory, while the iPhone 5 will have three assortments: 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB. The LG device compensates its loss as it can accommodate a micro SD cards that can support up to 32GB of memory.
Verdict Smartphones have taken all over the world by storm. People of all ages are eagerly anticipating for their next releases and speculating over the upgraded specifications and enhancement constantly. In the world of technology, the brand and model ruling over the market cannot be pretty much assumed because innovations and creativity in the advancement of features can go extremes. Based on these review items though, the iPhone 5 indisputably wins.
Author bio: Aubrey Samson is a freelance programmer, an annual mountaineer and a former mathematics Tutor. She's also into watching 3D movies, listening to music and composing songs, Her influences are pop and R&B. Follow her escapades on her Twitter.